Castlemine Farm - French dressed rack of lamb
Expertly ‘French-Trimmed’ by our butchers, our lamb racks tick all the boxes when you want something to impress.
- Pack size: 7-8 cutlets
- Pack Price: €19.90
- Price/kg: €21.99
- A prime cut of lamb, a whole rack will consist of eight ribs, neatly trimmed of fat. It's one of the most expensive cuts of lamb and should be roasted until pink, or medium at most.
- Two racks of lamb can be tied in a circle or stood facing each other with the bones interweaved, and served as a crown roast or guard of honour, respectively.
- Rack of lamb is popular coated in a crust (perhaps a mixture of mustard, herbs and breadcrumbs) before roasting.
- With your rack of lamb, the very traditional options are an aged Bordeaux from France or mature Rioja from Spain.
- Red Bordeaux from the Médoc is usually blended from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and as it ages develops savoury flavours and soft textures.
About Castlemine Farm
Castlemine Farm has a long and rich heritage located in the heart of Roscommon. The Allen family have farmed the land since the 1820's when Castlemine Farm was in the hands of Walter (Wally) Allen. The farm was passed down through the generations and Sean Allen took over in the 1950’s and has been farming the land ever since.
He was always of the opinion that the grass fed to animals gives a sweeter taste especially in limestone regions such as Roscommon. The farm has now passed to the next generation and is now run by Sean’s sons Derek and Brendan Allen.