Castlemine Farm - 1/2 leg of lamb
Want a leg of lamb but a full one is too much? Then this cut is perfect. Our half legs are from the shank end of the leg.
- Pack size: Half leg (1.5 kg)
- Pack Price: €16.50
- Price/kg: €10.99
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F)
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin. Mix the mustard, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary and ginger together and then gradually stir in the olive oil to make a paste.
- Spread this mixture over the lamb.
- Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F) and continue to roast for another 50 minutes.
- The lamb will be cooked medium at this stage.
- Remove from the oven, wrap the lamb loosely in foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- With your leg of lamb, the very traditional options are an aged Bordeaux from France or mature Rioja from Spain.
- Red Bordeaux from the Médoc is usually blended from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and as it ages develops savoury flavours and soft textures.
About Castlemine Farm
Castlemine Farm has a long and rich heritage located in the heart of Roscommon. The Allen family have farmed the land since the 1820's when Castlemine Farm was in the hands of Walter (Wally) Allen. The farm was passed down through the generations and Sean Allen took over in the 1950’s and has been farming the land ever since.
He was always of the opinion that the grass fed to animals gives a sweeter taste especially in limestone regions such as Roscommon. The farm has now passed to the next generation and is now run by Sean’s sons Derek and Brendan Allen.