We bring your local market direct to the door to make healthy eating a more simple and sustainable process.
Spaghetti with Gannet Fishmongers Red Surf Clam Sauce
A meal which never disappoints - easy to make from 5-6 people - lots of flavors and good nutritional value - complete in less than 45 minutes.
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Gran Grans Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1 Onion from Green Earth Organics.
2 tablespoons minced garlic or 4 fresh cloves of Garlic.
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup dry white wine or half a lemon.
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup Gran Grans extra-virgin olive oil
500g - 1Kg of Gannett’s Surf Clams.
(1) Set a large pot of water over high heat. Bring to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Add the uncooked pasta to the water and cook for 7 minutes. (The pasta should be undercooked.) Drain the pasta in a colander and reserve.
(2) Begin making the sauce while the pasta is cooking. Set a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
(3) Add the olive oil to the pan and once hot, add the onions and sauté until lightly caramelized and translucent, about 3 minutes.
(4) Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
(5) Add the wine and tomato paste, stir to combine well, and cook until the wine/lemon has nearly completely evaporated, about 3 minutes.
(6) Add the diced tomatoes, remaining teaspoon of salt, and the par-cooked pasta to the pan, toss to combine, and bring the sauce to a boil.
(7) Add the clams to the pan and cover. Continue to cook until the shells open, 5 to 7 minutes.
(8) Add the parsley and toss to combine. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil over the pasta and toss to combine. Serve while hot.
We hope you enjoy Stephen's Spaghetti with Gannet Fishmongers Red Surf Clam Sauce community recipe.
Please let us know Your favorite recipes by sharing on our Facebook Page
Larder360 Community Team